The ear is a sensory organ that functions to provide sound/hearing (auditory system) and also balance (Vestibular system).
When you have reviewed all the interactive images in this module you should be familiar with
- the two functional divisions and three anatomical divisions of the ear.
- the relationship of the membranous and osseus (bony)labyrinths.
- the structure and function of the various receptors of the middle ear.
- how the otoliths (otoconia) of the inner ear differ from the bony ossicles of the middle ear.
- the components of the organ of Corti.